Checkout the android ebook

I just got mysef a galaxy tab ~ Blog Tools. Free Blogging tools

Search Powered by Google

Monday, March 14, 2011

I just got mysef a galaxy tab

I just got myself a galaxy tab. Its been 3 days since I got it and I am like a little boy with a brand new toy in his hand.

Let me first of all say that I love the galaxy tab. Having said that the tab is not perfect. The thing I hate the most is the place were they put the power button. Even though they had more than enough space on the top they decided to place the power button on the side just near the volume rocker.

The second thing I dont like is that it doesnt have a stand alone GPS. What it has is something called A-GPS. If you don't have maps pre loaded then the navigation wont work where ther is no data connectivity. It will still pinpoint your current location without data connection but navigation wont work.

Barring these two cons my experience with the galaxy tab have been quite good.  I mainly use it as an entertinement / communication / productivity tool. I am actually posting this crom my galaxy tab. I think I just have to get some getting used to with the tab especially witb the typing, but I have already made some Improvement.

I dont see much problem with my tab's battery life. I am easily getting 7 hours of continious battery. You can easily extend the battery life by reducing the screen brightness and turning off the GPS when you are not using it.

One thing I want to tell anyone who is going to buy the tab. Make sure you know what you are going to do with it. It is undoubtedly a great buy.